I had read in one of my cooking magazines ages ago (can’t remember which on exactly) that mayonnaise was great to use when grilling vegetables. I know, hot mayonnaise, right? Sounds kind of icky at first, but I assure, as that as mayo melts down, it creates a lovely glaze around the asparagus, allowing all lovely tidbits of horseradish and lemon zest cling on.
If you are a mayo fan, or even if you’re one of those who can only deal with it in very small doses, I promise you will love this…
Grilled Asparagus with Horseradish Glaze
- 1.5 to 2 pounds asparagus
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 teaspoons horseradish
- zest from half a lemon
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- salt & pepper
- Begin by heating a grill or grill pan to medium-high heat.
- While the grill is heating, trim the hard ends off of the asparagus, discard, and place the spears in a large mixing bowl.
- Prepare the glaze by mixing together the remaining ingredients. Pour over the asparagus, and toss.
- Cook the the asparagus on the grill, turning occasionally until crisped on all sides.
Serves 3 to 4
\\\\\ GIVEAWAY /////
In case you missed it, I’ve got an awesome giveaway going on this week to win a Hamilton Beach Breakfast Sandwich Maker. Check out this post for more details, and enter below before Saturday, September 14th at midnight!