I learned a few things while watching Friday’s opening ceremony for the 2012 Olympics…
1. Danny Boyle has a really weird imagination
2. The Queen no likey to smile
3. Olympians are hot!
4. Will and Kate are still the cutest ever
5. The Brits do not mess around when it comes to fireworks.
I also learned that the Olympics, like so many things in life, are best enjoyed with company…it’s just so much more fun when you have friends around to compare notes on which country has the best outfits, the coolest hats, or the cutest flag bearer (all very important things, wouldn’t you agree?).
I hope you’ll find some time to gather with friends and family to enjoy the games over the next two weeks. And when you do, I highly suggest you do so with one of these delightful British cocktails in hand.
- 2 ounces Pimm’s
- 6 ounces lemonade
- Thin-sliced cucumber and lemons for garnish
- Fill a cocktail glass to the top with ice.
- Add the Pimm’s and lemonade, and stir.
- Garnish with the cucumber and lemon slices